The Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service (CTMLS) is excited to announce a brand-new, technology driven residential MLS software platform upgrade coming later this year. The new platform, FlexMLS, is currently used by more than 130,000 agents across the country and is provided by FBS Data who has more than 30 years of proven success in the industry.
The technology and feature set this platform is built on will help CTMLS members work faster, smarter and with greater efficiency than ever before. Features like retina display photos, layered mapping and a highly functional mobile MLS will provide our members with an enhanced MLS experience.
This residential system upgrade will not increase fees for users, despite the significantly enhanced capabilities of the new system. Numerous training opportunities will be available, at no cost to users, closer to the upgrade completion date. All third-party tools like CloudCMA, ShowingTime and CRS will transfer to the new system.
CTMLS and FBS Data have already begun working on the basics of the system conversion and the platform build-out, which will begin later this spring. The system is scheduled to be accessible to users in September and the final cutover date is scheduled for October, 2014.
CTMLS has established a central information source for you and your agents, at www.YourMLSUpgrade.com and has developed a thorough communication plan to ensure members are well informed throughout the process and completely prepared for the upgrade. You are invited to attend an informational meeting for MLS Participants ONLY, on March 18 at the Charleston Marriott Downtown. There are two sessions available, 9-10am and 3-4pm. Registration is required, here.
Search and Selection Process
The search and selection process for this new platform began more than a year ago, with a diverse group of more than 30 real estate professionals including residential users, property managers and appraisers, led by a nationally recognized industry consultant. The group put out a nationwide request for proposals (RFP) and narrowed the finalists down to four platforms. After multiple virtual and in-person presentations from the finalists, the group voted in December to select FBS Data and their FlexMLS platform as the next step in real estate technology for CTMLS’ user base of more than 4,500.
• The FlexMLS system works on any browser and works on an iPad and other mobile devices.
• FlexMLS’ Mobile MLS will give you MLS access on the go like never before. Access the MLS from your phone or tablet for one-click search for nearby listings, full screen photo tours and all listing information.
• FlexMLS allows you to upload an unlimited number of high-res, retinal display photos that are optimally sized for the viewer’s screen. Need to add a quick photo while you’re out at a client’s property? Done. Use your tablet or mobile phone to take a quick shot, log into FlexMLS Mobile and upload it immediately.
• FlexMLS Web features layered mapping to give you and your customers house-top views, lot dimensions and more.
• The statistics feature allows you to dig deep into each market to provide your customers the knowledge they need.
• FlexMLS’ Web CRM gives you insight into your customers’ favorite listings, when they last logged in, what listings they’re viewing, what houses they want to visit, and more.
We are excited about this upgrade and are certain it will make your CTMLS membership even more valuable. The technology and tools that will be available to you are far superior to those you are currently working with and we believe this upgrade will help your agents work smarter, faster and efficiently than ever before. Please don’t hesitate to contact me throughout this process.
The CTMLS staff and I are always here to support you and your agents. We welcome your questions and encourage you to visit www.YourMLSUpgrade.com frequently to stay up-to-date on the latest progress, important dates and feature announcements.
About FBS Data
At FBS, everything is personal, from award-winning customer service to innovative, industry leading products. As a 100% employee-owned company, each FBS employee-owner is 100% committed to exceeding customer expectations and delivering a uniquely personal touch to business. Serving 130+ MLS organizations (U.S. and internationally), FBS’s flexmls® and Spark products are a direct reflection of their people-centered and client-empowered business approach. These scalable, reliable and robust solutions enable MLSs, brokers and agents to engage personally with their customers with the most complete, accurate, and timely real estate information available. FBS’s future-focus and longevity is demonstrated by 30+ years of growth, strong advocacy of industry data standards, consistent innovation and a laser-focus on customers.